Dr. Dan Buca, Inst. of Bio- and Nanosystems, Julich, Germany
1996: Study of Physics at University of Bucharest, Romania
- Master Thesis: " Low frequency Etching Plasmas"
- 1997: Master in Physics Univ. of Bucharest
- 2002 PhD in Physics: at University of Cologne, Germany
- Thesis: " Fabrication and characterization of ultra-fast Si-based detectors for near-infrared wavelengths"
- since 2003: Senior scientist at Institute of Bio- und Nanosystems, Research Center Juelich, (Forschungszentrum Julich), Germany.
Main research activities:
- Si based materials fabrication and characterization (Strained Si, SiGe, Ge, Si(Ge)Sn)
- Si(Ge)/alternative dielectrics interface characterization
- Ion implantation and ion beam analyses methods
- Device fabrication
- Around 150 publications in physic journals and presentations at international conferences.