DelsaNano Zeta Potential and Submicron Particle Size Analyzer
Is a new generation of instruments that use photon correlation spectroscopy (PCS), which determines particle size by measuring the rate of fluctuations in laser light intensity scattered by particles as they diffuse through a fluid, for size analysis measurements and/or electrophoretic light scattering (ELS), which determines electrophoretic movement of charged particles under an applied electric field from the Doppler shift of scattered light, for zeta potential determination.
Has a broad range of capabilities, including conventional static and automatic titration measurements for both size and zeta potential distributions of suspended particles in a wide range of size and concentration. The DelsaNano also can measure zeta potential of a solid surface (as glass, metal, metal oxide, ceramics, etc.) or film.
High sensitivity size and zeta potential measurement for particles from 6 Angstrom to 7 micron in suspension with concentration ranging from 0.001% to 40%.
Zeta potential measurement of solid surface or film Range: -100mV - +100 mV
Fully automatic pH or additive titration for both size and zeta potential
Measurement Temperature Range: 10° C - 90° C, Environmental Operating Specifications: Temperature: 10° C - 40° C Humidity: 0 - 90% w/o condensation, Light Source: Laser diode, 658 nm, 30 mW, Scattering Angle: 15°, 30°, 160.
- Measurement principle: Doppler Electrophoretic light scattering
- Light source: Laser diode
- Detector: Photo multiplier tube
- Measurable items: Zeta potential and/or particle size
- Concentration range : 0.001% - 10％
- Size range: 0.6nm- 7μm
- Particle sizing scattering angle: 160°
- Titration burette: 3 (max)
- Volume of Viral: approx. 50mL .
- Time for Titration: typically less than 1 h (pH adjustment, 5 point)
- Flow Rate: approx. 10 - 40 mL/min.
- Sample Volume: typically 30 mL (w/ standard vial)
- PH Range: pH 1 - 13.
- Number of pH Setting: 100 (max)
- Preparation of colloidal dispersions: of nanoparticle Au, Pt, Ag, Fe, Fe2O3/Fe3/O4; SiO2, TiO2, SnO2 or of core-shell systems, functionalized or non-functionalized
- capillary phenomena which are important in the wetting of powders
- coating of surfaces
- absorption of impurities
- Biomedical/Pharmaceutical: Proteins, lipids, polysaccharides, bacteria, blood cells, viruses, colloids drug carrier systems, drugs in aqueous suspension, micelles for biomaterials
- Virus, bacteria
- Protein applications (aggregation)
- Lyposomes, lipids, polysaccharides
- Colloid drug carrier systems
- Parenteral and oral drugs
- Zeta potential of tablet surface
Market Segment Applications: Industries
• Food and Beverages
Skin care products
Bacteria, blood cells, viruses
Proteins, lipids, polysaccharides
Colloids drug carrier systems
Parenteral and oral drugs in aqueous suspension
Micelles for biomaterial
Last update:March 06, 2012