Optimization solution for increasing performances of MEMS and microfluidic microsystems by virtual optimization: 2D and 3D computer-aided-designdesign, modelling and simulation of lage area of physical phenomena at microscale, including coupled effects, results postprocessing (graphics, interpolation, statistics)
- Microsystems design: Layout 2D, Process Editor, generating 3D models for structures based on silicon technology
- Modelling and simulation of Micro-Opto-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MOEMS): swiches, cantilevers, membranes, resistors ecc). Analysis include simulation for mechanical, thermal, electrical, electrostatic, piezoelectric, optical, electromagnetic and coupled field.
- Modelling and simulation of microfluidic components and systems: micropumps and microvalves with various actuation principles [electrostatic, piezoelectric, pneumatic, electroosmotic], microreservoires, microchannels, micromixers, microfilters. Microfluidic analysis include: fluid dynamics in microstructures (flow under pressure, thermal flow, fluid mixing), electrokinetics, diffusion, bubble-drop formation, fluid-structure interaction.
- Other: static and transient simulation, analysis with parameter variation, including material data variation.
- Consultancy in computer-aided-design and microsystem simulation;
- Assistance and training by research: hands-on courses, access to computers and software.