• The Reliability Laboratory of IMT-Bucharest was established in
1977, as a necessary tool for Quality & Reliability assurance of the
electron components designed and fabricated by the Institute.
• During the 1980s, the Laboratory was involved in delivering high
reliability electronic components (for industrial and automotive
applications, avionics, missiles, etc.) and in reliability testing of
microelectronic devices and electronic components.
• An integrated system for monitoring the batch reliability for electron
components was elaborated and used for more than 50 types of components
• Today, the mission of the Laboratory is to provide tools for improving
the design & technology of materials and devices (sensors, actuators,
microsystems, nanostructures and microelectronic components), by assessing
and building the quality & reliability in a Concurrent Engineering
• New equipment, purchased in 2008-2009, greatly enhanced the capability
of the Laboratory to execute reliability tests, especially at combined