This project aims at improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process while decreasing the production cost by considering at the design stage the uncertainties in such a way that a range of the MEMS properties can be predicted for the manufactured products. Such a non-deterministic approach can be achieved after introducing the following new achievements as targeted innovation
- Development of original micro-meso-macro stochastic finite element methods for predicting MEMS properties
- Database collection of uncertainties for given MEMS devices and for a manufacturing process
- Validation by extensive measurements on produced MEMS
- Evaluation of development/manufacturing/exploitation cost reduction
In particular, validations will be pursued on vibrating micro-sensors, and two behaviours will be studied:
- The statistical range of quality factor actually reached by the manufacturing process
- The risk of in-use/release stiction of the produced MEMS.